Wednesday, March 25, 2020

THE OUTFIT THAT COULD HAVE BEEN

Hello There!Happy Wednesday.Well i do hope it is a happy one despite the pandemic!
It sure feels like days are running by with all that's happening,although the days may be dragging to those who are house bound.Be safe.


Today's blog post is a really sad one i must say.I am all smiles and all but the truth of the matter is  all  this yummy outfit is not usable! (sigh) I took these photos as a way of comforting myself and also to appreciate what could have been.You may be looking at it and wondering what is this girl going on about but i will tell you.


This is a suiting fabric and it has very subtle vertical stripes in pink and purple (it doesn't really show on the photos) it's a really beautiful fabric.When i bought it i had a skirt suit in mind but then my mama loved it too (she used to shop a lot in my stash) and she asked me to make a dress for her instead,which i did so this is only remnants of it.



I took my time to make this and it breaks my heart that this is as far as it gets when it comes to me wearing it.Right towards the finish end,as i was hemming to be precise i noticed that the fabric has a dark mark on the center front line and also on other parts of the fabric it has dark stains.At this point i wasn't concerned as i thought it's just dust or due to the fact that it was folded like that for a long time at the fabric store.So i happily continued hemming (by Hand) till finish.Little did i know i was headed for a disappointment.I finished sewing and then soaked the finished product ready for a wash and guess what those stains did not get removed one bit after washing!like not one bit! no matter how hard i tried to wash them.Even as i look at the photos the stains/marks are starring at me like a sore thumb (tears). So yeah that's just about it,all my efforts gone down the drain just like that.


Although i cry over my precious time and the beautiful fabric gone to waste,i take a lesson home that i should really check carefully whenever i buy fabric if it has any issues and i also got to practice attaching  a lining to a skirt with a vent professionally.



Thank you for stopping by the blog today!


Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. WOW the dress is so beautiful. Have u thought of playng around with sum applique on it to cover the mars at all. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kenny,I didn't think about applique because the dark line runs down the whole center of my body unfortunately,then on the bodice front and back,i have a feeling it will look odd...sad indeed

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!