Tuesday, March 17, 2020

DIY RUFFLE MAXI DRESS



Hello There!Happy Tuesday!

It's a win! whew!Some of you might have seen a video on my Fb page that i did going on and on about how difficult this fabric was to work with,i wasn't even sure i will have a wearable garment at the end!But look at it now,win!win!I love this dress so so much,these photos do not do it justice.

                                                                                  
I am still on that mission to turn all the fabrics i have in my stash into beautiful garments.I promised myself that i will not go to the fabrics stores until that mission is accomplished (talk about torture lol). So as usual i have had this fabric for over 2 years now,when i bought it i really thought it's a chiffon,it wasn't labelled but i have worked with a chiffon before but it wasn't as hard as this fabric.So i am not sure anymore if it is or not but hey they could be different types of chiffon (i really don't know ha!). Anyways the reason why this one stayed so long untouched it's simply because it is so light weight and slippery and i was not confident to start working on it because i did not want to ruin it as it's such a beautiful print for summer.



And guess what! my fears were rightly placed!This has to be the most difficult fabric i have ever worked with.It needed so much careful consideration when cutting it.I had to cut out other pattern pieces twice from the fabric because the first time around there was a lot of unevenness to side seams especially as the fabric shifted as i was cutting.As if the headache of cutting it wasn't enough,trying to sew it on was also a nightmare!IT just wasn't staying on one place.I nearly gave up at some point but then i decided i was not going to let a piece of fabric defeat me (good giirrl!) I kept on going although it took me a little more time for such a simple design,but all in all i am just happy that i am happy with the final product!


THE CONSTRUCTION
  • I used about 3m (including correcting my mistakes)
  • Semi fitted bodice with side darts
  • Elastic waist
  • Optional belt made from main fabric
  • Ruffled bottom
  • Fully Lined
  • Bishop Sleeve




Thank you for stopping by the blog today!


Blessings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!