Wednesday, February 12, 2020

THE EL DRESS

Hello there

This was my last make in 2019,i call it the El dress, named after my loving mother (Elsie),she used to love everything gathered and every time she wanted me to make her something she would always want a gathered dress!It's a very simple dress and very comfortable ,it sure is going to make rounds.I have had this linen fabric for over a year, initially when i bought it i had a wrap top in mind but that changed,(i am your typical over thinker) often time i buy a fabric thinking that i have a project in mind but then i change my mind so many times before actually cutting into the fabric🙈🤦🏽‍♀️ I hope to do better this year.


I wore it casually for the first time this year (2020) for my friend’s birthday party.


I love the effect of the tie belt, it gives more definition around the waist.I am glad i added it.When i started sewing i used to make skin tight clothes,ha!but now i have come to appreciate wearing ease.So i make sure to add reasonable wearing ease when i draft my patterns.It really just makes perfect sense,i still fit in many of my dresses that i bought while i was still a university student and i don't believe it's because i am the exact same size i was 10 years ago but simply because the clothes were designed with wearing ease.
This dress has pockets, fully lined and tucks on the front bodice for a bit of detail and gathered for that fullness effect.


Materials used:
  • 2m linen fabric
  • 1 3/4m cotton lining
  • 50cm invisible zip 
  • cotton thread






Thank you for stopping by the blog today!

Blessings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!